Automobile Insurance

A Business Auto Policy protects the organization that appears as the named insured from liability as well as arising out of the use of as well as damage to or theft of a covered vehicle.

Types of coverage and limits available vary state by state, but some of the basic coverage available are as follows:

Liability – Coverage for claims that you (or someone driving your covered car) caused bodily injury or property damage to a third party while operating a covered vehicle.
Medical Payments – Provides the driver and passengers in your vehicle medical expenses related to an auto accident. This does not apply to employees otherwise covered by Workers Compensation.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – No-fault insurance for residents of states where it is required. This means the driver and any passengers in your business vehicle are covered under your policy, regardless of who is responsible for the accident.
Uninsured Motorist – Pays for injury expenses incurred in an accident with an uninsured motorist. It also provides protection for a hit-and-run accident or an accident with a driver who has less insurance than required by law. Underinsured Motorist provides coverage when the other driver is found legally responsible for an accident and has coverage, but not enough to cover your injuries.
Collision Coverage – Pays for damage to a covered vehicle caused by accidental impact with another vehicle or object, or if your vehicle overturns. The maximum amount paid is limited to the actual cash value of your vehicle, less the deductible.
Comprehensive Coverage – Pays for damage to your business vehicle caused by a situation other than a collision, including breakage of glass, falling objects, fire, theft, windstorm, hail, water, flood, malicious mischief, vandalism, and impact with a bird or animal. The maximum amount paid is limited to the actual cash value of your vehicle less the deductible. Normal wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, and flat tires are not covered by comprehensive coverage

Additional/Optional Coverages

o Hired & Non-Owned Vehicle Liability Coverage extends liability protection to vehicles rented or borrowed by the business, including vehicles owned by your employees and operated in the course and scope of your operations. Please note, non-owned liability coverage protects the organization ONLY, not the individual operating the vehicle. Ask us about providing individual liability for your employees or volunteers operating their own vehicle for your organization.
o Hired Vehicle Physical Damage Coverage provides coverage for physical damage (Comprehensive & Collision coverages) to a rented vehicle.
o Towing and Labor pays for towing and labor costs each time your private passenger-type vehicle is disabled. Covered labor must be performed at the place where your car is disabled, and there is usually a limit to the dollar amount applied to each loss.
o Rental Reimbursement pays for the cost of renting a replacement vehicle when yours is damaged by a covered comprehensive or collision loss.
o Lease Gap Coverage is available for leased vehicles for which you’ve purchased physical damage coverage. This will pay for the outstanding balance of the lease if it exceeds the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of loss.

Most personal auto policies will not cover your vehicle while its being used for your organization’s purpose and protects the individual only when an incident arises.